Tom&Sawyer Team Member Opportunities
Tom&Sawyer is changing the way the “four legged foodie” in your house is fed. We have a strong team who believe that feeding the dog and cat members of our families the best quality fresh foods is just as important as what we feed ourselves.
AVAILABLE FULL-TIME POSITIONS
Dishwasher / Packer / Kitchen Help – Full Time Permanent Position (this is not a summer position)
1247 Queen Street East, Toronto (Queen & Leslie)
Government youth hire – 30 and under (see qualifications at bottom)
Tom&Sawyer Fresh Prepared Pet Meals, heralded as one of the most innovative retail businesses globally, is seeking a creative and positive new member to join our growing team in our highly regarded open concept pet meals kitchen located in the Leslieville neighbourhood of downtown Toronto.
We love dogs and cats and they are part of daily life at Tom&Sawyer. It is important that the person who accepts this position is comfortable interacting with all types of dogs and cats and has no allergies or barriers to interacting with dogs and cats (allergy alert).
There are many benefits to a person joining the Team at Tom&Sawyer, including:
- Incredible commercial kitchen with top of the line equipment
- A predictable schedule without split shifts
- Employee perks that include amazing stuff like free Tom&Sawyer food for your cat or dog
Reports To: Shift supervisor, Culinary Director
Typical Work Week: Full-Time (37.5 Hours a week) – Monday – Friday Daytime Hours, No Split Shifts
As a Tom & Sawyer Dishwasher your on-the-job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Washing dishes and helping keep the kitchen clean
- Assisting chefs in basic food production
- Portioning dog and cat meals into 1Lb bags
- Using machinery such as vacuum packers during the packaging process.
- Labelling product and applying stickers before flash freezing the day’s work
- Daily kitchen cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and small wares
- Safely use all equipment and report any deficiencies to management immediately
- Adhere to strict HACCP and food safety regulations, as instructed by your supervisor
- Other duties as described by your supervisor within the production department
- Help prepare great healthy pet food with great service and a great attitude
- Assume responsibility for personal growth and development
- Conduct themselves professionally
- Understands and communicates the Tom&Sawyer Mission Statement and Core Values
- Express ideas and convey information clearly, effectively and professionally
- Work to resolve disagreements; is respectful of peers and co-workers
- Adheres to the Tom&Sawyer Harassment and Diversity Policies
- Adheres to Tom&Sawyer Alcohol and Cannabis Policies
Knowledge and Skills:
Special skills or knowledge necessary for this position:
- Ability to self motivate
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Organizational skills – ability to be organized in a changing environment
Essential Physical Requirements:
Daily physical requirements on the job, you must have the ability to:
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Reach, bend, squat and lift
- Carry or move cooking equipment and boxes weighing up to 65 pounds several times
- Some exposure to steam, high temperatures and humidity
Note: Eligibility for this position is limited to persons with a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number
Tom&Sawyer is an equal opportunity employer for qualified candidates. We thank everyone who takes the time to apply, however, we will only contact the applicants that we select for an interview.
Important Note for Eligibility for Position (Government of Canada sponsored position):
1. Are you between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the time of application?
2. Are you a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*?
3. Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Masks, daily temperature reading, 2 PPE if closer than 6 feet, segmented teams
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $16.50-$17.00 per hour
Please apply with resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: DISHWASHER POSITION APPLICATION
Due to the high volume of applications, only those that will be interviewed will be contacted. Thank you!